Tuesday, January 5, 2016

1st Run of 2016

Well hello 2016! While I had big plans for this blog I totally failed, but this is just for fun and an outlet for me to share my life when I find time haha! I don't know what my goals are this year. I haven't really planned anything out. I know we have a lot of changes coming this year so I think I'm just feeling unsettled. I accomplished a lot the past two years and for that I'm thankful! 

I do not want to fall back into old habits though. I think my goal should at least be to maintain when it comes to health and fitness. I felt burned out after my 1/2 marathon in November. I had every intention of keeping it up through Dec. but I made excuses and my 1st week off turned into 6! 

Yesterday I had every intention to get started running again and I let it pass me by! I did enjoy a family walk around the neighborhood though. I hope to make more of those happen this year! 

So last night as we were watching the Biggest Loser and eating the last of the pie. (haha- Seriously)  my sweet hubby posted a then and now photo on Facebook. I didn't even know I had any full body shots from when I was my heaviest. It was from a day we took the kids roller skating. I made an attempt to skate and I fell and remember how hard it was to get up! (talk about embarrassing). I weight in around 220+ plus pounds. The 2nd image its form Nov getting ready for my 2nd 1/2 marathon of 2015. 75+ pounds lighter! 



I got all these sweet comments. Then I asked him if it was a hint. haha! I don't think that was his intention at all. He's proud of all my hard work to lose weight the past two years! I thought it was sweet. It was a great reminder to get out the door and to continue to put in the work! 

So today we did it! Hubby and I went to the park! I just wanted to get in a 5K easy run/walk and he was going to do a brisk walk around the loop! It was cold but I love running in the cold way more than the heat and I really don't like a treadmill. I felt so good even though it was a tough run but I remember why I love to run. I also remembered to be present and aware of others around me. I always wonder what people are thinking when they are running or walking. I made an attempt to say hi or at least smile to those I past. It may have been there 1st attempt of the year too!


 I'm just glad I took the step to get out the door again! That can be the hardest! Plus I did sign up for a 10K in Feb. so I better get back to work. I hope this at least encourages you to make those steps and keep moving forward! It's a lifestyle change and not a diet for sure! Hears to a Healthy new year!

What are some of your goals for 2016? 


No comments:

Post a Comment